Waste Heat Boiler – AHK-ip
The SCHNEIDER waste heat boiler, type AHK-ip is also a flue tube boiler but it is designed with special surface-structured heat transfer tubes (ip-tube). The structuring of the pipe surface leads to two essential benefits for this type of boiler over the smooth tube boiler.
- Greatly improved heat transfers by increasing flow velocities as a result of turbulence caused by the cross-sectional changes. The resulting savings in heating surface ultimately lead to a significantly more compact and thus space-saving boiler design.
- Reduction of the heating surface contamination with existing particle-laden flue gas flows. This benefit also results from the aforementioned effect of increased flow turbulence.
Benefits of the AHK-ip in addition to type AHK:
- Compact design
- Reduction of heating surface contamination
- Increase in travel times (interval between two cleanings)
- Further increase in overall system efficiency
- Further minimisation of operating costs